Dr.-Ing. Alexander Seitz
- Email: email@example.com
- Nonlinear Continuum Mechanics - exercises (winter term, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17)
- Engineering Mechanics 2 - selected exercises (summer term, 2017)
- Computational Contact and Interface Mechanics - selected lectures (winter term 2015/16, 2016/17)
Research interests and projects
- Computational contact dynamics
- Non-conforming discretization / mortar methods
- Nitsche methods
- Computational (thermo-)plasticity
- Thermomechanical Contact
- Solid-Shell Finite Elements
Dissertation: Computational Methods for Thermo-Elasto-Plastic Contact (pdf)
Articles in Peer-Reviewed International Journal
- Wunderlich, L., Seitz, A., Alaydin, M.D., Wohlmuth, B., Popp, A. (2019): Biorthogonal splines for optimal weak patch-coupling in isogeometric analysis with applications to finite deformation elasticity, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 346:197-215, DOI
- Seitz, A., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2018): Nitsche's method for finite deformation thermomechanical contact problems, Computational Mechanics, published online, DOI
- Seitz, A., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2018): A computational approach for thermo-elasto-plastic frictional contact based on a monolithic formulation employing non-smooth nonlinear complementarity functions, Advanced Modeling and Simulation in Engineering Sciences 5(5), DOI
- Bräu, F.A., Seitz, A., Aydin, R.C., Cyron, C.J. (2016): Homogenized constrained mixture models for anisotropic volumetric growth and remodeling, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology 16(3), 889-906, DOI
- Seitz, A., Farah, P., Kremheller, J., Wohlmuth, B.I., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2016): Isogeometric dual mortar methods for computational contact mechanics, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 301:259-280, DOI
- Seitz, A., Popp, A., Wall, W.A. (2015): A semi-smooth Newton method for orthotropic plasticity and frictional contact at finite strains, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 285:228-254, DOI
- Popp, A., Seitz, A., Gee, M.W., Wall, W.A. (2013): Improved robustness and consistency of 3D contact algorithms based on a dual mortar approach, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 264:67-80, DOI
Peer-Reviewed Proceedings Articles and Book Contributions
- Cyron, C.J., Braeu, F.A., Seitz A., Aydin, R.C. (2017) A homogenized constrained mixture model for anisotropic volumetric growth and remodeling in intracranial aneurysms, 5th International Conference on Computational and Mathematical Biomedical Engineering, Pittsburgh, USA
- Hammerl G., Seitz A., Verdugo F., Wall W.A., Daub D., Willems S., Gülhan A. (2016): FSI of rocket nozzles – On the influence of simplified modeling of structural boundary conditions for an FSI experiment & scalable solvers for strongly coupled problems, in: DFG Sonderforschungsbereich / Transregio 40, Annual Report 2016, N.A. Adams et al. (Eds.), München, Germany
International Conference Contributions
- Seitz, A., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2018): Nitsche's method for isogeometric thermo-mechanical contact problems, invited, Abstract at the 89th GAMM Annual Meeting, Munich, Germany, March 19-23, 2018.
- Seitz, A., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2017): Nitsche's method for finite deformation thermo-mechanical contact, invited, Abstract at the 7th GACM Colloquium on Computational Mechanics, Stuttgart, Germany, October 11-13, 2017.
- Seitz, A., Ager, C., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2017): Nitsche's method for finite deformation elasto-plastic contact, contributed, Abstract at the 5th International Conference on Computational Contact Mechanics, Lecce, Italy, July 5-7, 2017.
- Seitz, A., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2017): Thermo-elasto-plastic contact: A monolithic computational approach, contributed, Abstract at the Workshop-Conference on Research Challenges in Mechanics, Hannover, Germany, March 1-3, 2017.
- Seitz, A., Wall, W.A., Popp, A. (2016): A Dual Mortar Method for Finite Deformation Thermo-Mechanical Contact - Finite Elements and Isogeometric Analysis, contributed, Abstract at the 7th European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Crete, Greece, June 5-10, 2016.
- Seitz, A., Popp, A., Wall, W.A. (2015): A Monolithic Approach to Coupled Thermo-Elasto-Plasticity Based on a Semi-Smooth Newton Method, invited, Abstract at the 9th European Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC2015), Madrid, Spain, July 6-10, 2015.
- Seitz, A., Popp, A., Wall, W.A. (2014): Smoothed nonlinear complementarity functions for elasto-plastic frictional contact at finite strains, contributed, Abstract at the 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM2014), Barcelona, Spain, July 20-25, 2014.
- 2013-2018, research associate at the Institute for Computational Mechanics (Lehrstuhl für Numerische Mechanik), TUM, Germany
- 2013, Master of Science (M.Sc.), Mechanical Engineering, TUM, Germany